"Om Shanti Om"

"Om Shanti Om"
This site may load slowly at times because of the numerous (intentionally) large images. We beg for a little patience.

Forests...



To be as the eagle and hawk as they soar
To contemplate beneath a wild waterfall's roar
The forest has harmony this fine summer's day
The forest will speak to those who will stay


Of the things born of nature the forest will speak
The things of the wild, the strong and the weak
Some people would say this is all foolish talk,
Those with understanding know we walk the same walk


The forest will speak if only you listen
Of trees and of creatures and of rivers that glisten
From the high nest of the hawk
To the low swamp of the heron


The forest asks but one thing
It asks that you listen.

Source: Helium


In my deepest troubles, I frequently would wrench myself from the persons around me and retire to some secluded part of our noble forests.
John James Audubon 

The clearest way into the universe is through a forest wilderness.
- John Muir



In some mysterious way woods have never seemed to me to be
static things. In physical terms, I move through them; yet in
metaphysical ones, they seem to move through me.
- John Fowles


God is the experience of looking at a tree and saying, "Ah!"
- Joseph Campbell



Going to the woods is going home.
- John Muir

I believe in the cosmos. All of us are linked to the cosmos. Look at
the sun: If there is no sun, then we cannot exist. So nature is my god.
To me, nature is sacred; trees are my temples and forests are
my cathedrals.

- Mikhail Gorbachev, 1990



In the woods we return to reason and faith.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror reflection
of what we are doing to ourselves and to one another.

- Gandhi










No comments: